The last few weeks of April we took our first vacation in over a year and went to New York to visit Grandpa and Grandma. We felt like ants as we became four of the nearly 3 million occupants of Manhattan. We're surprised at how adaptable kids are--Emy and Audrey were champs at using the subway, sleeping and eating on the road, and playing with the same three toys we brought with us. Our Top 10 New York experiences were
- Central Park Strolls and Central Park Carosel
- Front Seat Tickets to Wicked
- Manhattan Temple Session
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Brooklyn Bridge Hike
- David Letterman Show
- Museum of Modern Art
- Late Nights with Lane and Carolyn
- Finding the Cheapest Slice of Pizza on Times Square
- Navigating the City with 2 Kids
Tom and I adapted too. We learned to stop and smell the roses (or tulips) more frequently,
to take at least 2 extra outfits for the baby everywhere (this was probably her 12th blow-out),
and to carry dead weight.
Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for lettings us come visit!



5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your trip. It sounds like a lot of fun. It's really an adventure traveling with small children.
David & Amy
Yeah for joining the blogging world. Looks like tons of fun!!!! I want to go back before they come back :) We shall see if I get my wish. You are brave to bring the kiddos along. I look up to you for that! I will now add you to my ever growing list of bloggers I STALK. So keep it up--I love it!!!
Kim
Hurray for you! Thank you for sharing these photos and for bringing Audrey to meet us (and for starting a blog). This helps us feel part of your life. It was terrific to have you as house guests for a week and as family forever!!! We love you all, xoxo
Super cute! It was so great to see you guys in NY and so fun to meet Audrey. She is beautiful. Sorry we were both completely exhausted and fried from finals and trip prep hopefully we'll get to spend some better awake time with you guys this summer.
Thanks for the link to your blog! So funto see you as a mom in action. Cale and I went to New England on a cruise roundtrip out of New York two years ago and loved it. I loved seeing all your pics and getting to say "I've been there" and remember the memories. You're girls are beautiful.
Post a Comment