Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Early Monday morning we learned that John Alley, the husband of Emily Wilbur (my good friend growing up through grade school) was missing. The story was all over the news. Later that day his body was found in the water on the coast. You can see more information on the story at http://helpfindjohn.info/

Emily and John just got married last summer. Seeing them at their wedding and a few times after that Tom and I thought they were among the happiest of couples. Emily was so proud of her very handsome and accomplished husband. Just before mother's day Emily was in Bountiful and stopped by to tell us that she and John were expecting their first child.
Please think of Emily and her family in your fasting this week and give your spouse 20 hugs.

3 comments:

Carolyn Howell said...

Such sad, sad news. I just read the attached news article(s) and my heart is breaking for John's family, especially your friend Emily. I have hugged my honey time and time again. Last Fall my sweet friend Sharon Keone lost her cherished companion and will always urge me to hug my hubby. Hold tight to your family and even tighter to the Gospel of peace, hope and love. xoxo

Carrie said...

I heard about this, how devastating. I am so sorry. I'll hug Linc as soon as he gets home. Love you guys!

Tricia said...

Thanks for coming out of the dark and letting me know you read my blog--I was thrilled to see that you have a blog!

And thanks for this post about Emily and John. I never got to meet John, but by all accounts, Emily and he were wildly in love. I will be going to his funeral in Bountiful tomorrow--perhaps I will see you there?