As April came to a close I tidied my office and ambivalently returned to my bookshelf my Tax Code and U.S. Master Tax Guide, pages curled and filled with sticky notes. Since the middle of February these books have been to me like a lasso to a cowboy. This was the first year in my life as a CPA in which I actually prepared taxes during tax season. The urgency and intensity in the office made each day fly (even though my hours nearly doubled!). Last week I ran a report that showed I did about 100 tax returns, including 1040s, 1041s, 1120Ss, and 1065s. My easiest one took only 15 minutes and my hardest one 15 hours. Not too bad for a part timer doing it for the first time.
So I return to the steady pace of auditing. I have such a dream job!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
A Seasoned Veteran
Posted by Tom and Shalaun at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are amazing Shalaun! We never doubted you could do it. xoxo
Aghh, taxes. Sounds like you were busy! My taxes took a little longer than normal this year since we had to file in two states but luckily they are still pretty simple.
Post a Comment