Happy Birthday to Emeline! She’s such a young lady and she’s learning to make good decisions every day.
MILESTONES AT 3 YEARS
- Potty trained
- Writes own name
- Colors in the lines
- Learning to read
Emeline is very polite. If you ask how she is she usually says, “I’m well.” She’s also quite thoughtful with her compliments. For example, at a Howell family event she told Callie that she liked the skulls on her sweatshirt. It was a black sweatshirt with white skulls on it. It wasn’t pink or girly or anything you would expect an almost three year old girl to like. But, hey, something about the shirt was cool to Emeline and Callie deserved to know (of course this happened in early November).
Emeline’s mind is a steel trap. She knows the words to about 100 songs. She also brings things up that occurred half her life ago. She loves to recount the story of her squishing her toe at Aunt “Stephie’s” house a year ago and having to go to the Emergency Room. She even told Grandma when mommy was frustrated driving to a doctor’s appointment about five months ago and said, “move it, lady!” The other day while I was changing after work she informed me that I take my socks off incorrectly. I said, “who told you that.” She said, “Daddy.” Can you guess who helped Dad do the laundry earlier that week?
Emeline is naturally sweet. She will often ask for a cuddle. The other day in church she spontaneously gave Tom a kiss on the cheek and sang to him:
I love you a bushel and a peck,
A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck,
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap,
A barrel and a heap and I’m talking in my sleep
About you.
I’m pretty sure Tom went pink (on the front row). A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck,
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap,
A barrel and a heap and I’m talking in my sleep
About you.
Emeline is learning to make good decisions, especially when we give her options to choose from. An interesting side effect of this is that she has started giving us options to choose from. On her birthday while helping Daddy make the cake Emeline had her first potty accident in months. Taking control of the situation, she quickly offered Tom some options for how he should respond. She said, “you can be happy and I will not spank you, or you can not be happy and I will spank you.” We find this situational humor can go a long way in preventing us from over reacting. (Note: The options we give Emy are generally a little better.)
We love and are very proud of our little young lady.

3 comments:
Great timing for us...
So glad that your update today is about one of our most very favorite little people. Emeline is a jewel. We love her forever! xoxo
I love you're birthday tributes Shalaun! what program do you use to make the picture collage? I'm just curious 'cause I'm a digital scrapper! Hope all's well in your world! Wish we could make it out that way more often to catch up...in the meantime...thanks for blogging!
Not surprising she is so smart-you always were. Way to go, how fun to read up on her. Alena
Post a Comment