Hooray for Audrey-- she turned one last month! We can't imagine life without our sweet, happy, determined girl. It is a joy to watch her learn and grow.
MILESTONES
- Full Crawl: 10 months
- First Tooth: 10 months
- Safe Stair Climbing: 11 months
- Walking: 1 year 1 week (on the anniversary of the day we brought her home from the NBICU)
- Weened: Almost
- Rolls her tounge when she's happy
- Blinks her eyelashes very slow and gorgeously
- Rides a Sit-n-Spin all by herself
- Plays Hide-and-Seek with Daddy
- Blows her nose in a tissue the right way (through her nose)
Last fall the girls and I were going on a walk together. Emy had a doll in a stroller and I had Audrey. I stopped to punch the garage code to close the garage. I noticed that the key pad was a little dirty and started to scrape at some of the numbers. I heard Emeline yelling and saw her running after her doll stroller. I called, "don't run into the road." Then I realized that I was missing my own stroller. Our little gray stroller, with a nine month old Audrey in it was careening down our steep driveway. I started to run knowing there was not time for me to get to the stroller before it crashed off the curb and into the road. The Lord had compassion on a young mother that day. The tip of the handle on the stroller hooked around the little address sign that sticks out about 6 inches on the side of our mailbox and safely stopped the stroller.
LEARNING TO WALK
A few weeks ago we were at Trevor and Emily's house. After a tasty pot roast and chocolate cake from Emily we started watching Star Wars Clone Wars (the new animated show). Tom and I had Audrey walk a few feet between us to show off her small progress. A switch turned on. At exactly 6:30 on January 16, 2009 Audrey officially learned to walk and started walking ALL over Trevor's house.
Thank you to grandparents for making Audrey's birthday just perfect and watching her make a wonderful mess of her cake with us.

4 comments:
Happy Birthday Baby Audrey!
We'll see you all in a few weeks.
Happy Birthday! Audrey Lois, a precious little angel of a granddaughter. We just love the whole bunch of Centerville Howells! xoxo
Happy Birthday Audrey! She is such a cutie. Congrats on walking!
What cute little girls! Great collage Shalaun.
Post a Comment