Monday, September 29, 2008

Role Playing

The other day Emeline announced, "I'm just poo, mom."
She is potty training so it was natural for me to say, "Do you want to try on the potty?"
"No." She said.
"Do you need a diaper change?"
"No. I'm just poo."
Didn't we just come full circle? It took me about 15 minutes to figure out that she was just "Pooh" (bear, that is). I was Rabbit, Audrey was Piglet, and Daddy was Christopher Robbin (fitting, since he was absent). I proceeded to invite "Pooh" over for a lunch of honey. "Pooh" ate a lot and got stuck in a hole (boppy pillow) and had to stay there a long time before he could get out. I think Audrey should be Tigger, instead. Check out this growl.



Thanks to our 2-year old, we spend a lot of time role playing at our house. Here are some of the most common stories we reenact.


Last Sunday Tom decided to tucker Emeline out so she would take a good nap before church. They spent over an hour reenacting Ewok Adventure. I dare say Dad gets into his role playing more than Mom.



What kind of things do your kids role play?

5 comments:

Carolyn Howell said...

Thank you for updating your blog with these insightful and heartwarming exchanges with adorable Emeline. We love your slide show photos too. Emeline's hair, trim, barrette-do is cute. Audrey is such a pretty and pleasant baby. Tell us more about...
-your stash of cereal
-the motorcycle!

Carrie said...

Matthew never was a big role player, but Scott gets into it. I love Emy's role playing, what a cutie.

Alena said...

Hi Shalaun,
This blogging is kind of fun. Hope you don't mind me peeking. What a cute family you have and fun classic blog. Hope all is well with you. Alena
8isgreat-ericksens.blogspot.com

Alena said...

Hi Shalaun,
this blogging has been fun to see old friends. You have such a cute family and darling girls. Hope you don't mind me peeking. Hope all is well, Alena
8isgreat-ericksens.blogspot.com

Alena said...

Thanks for stopping by. It has been fun to see your family. Hope all is well and that you enjoy the holidays. Yes, homeschooling is a lot of work, but with great work comes great joy. Take care, Alena